Kick off of the “First Belt & Road International Food Expo Hong Kong 2018”
15 consul-generals with over 30 consular officials and trade representatives, together with 500 community leaders, VIPs and supporting corporations gather for the launching ceremony
FMC Exhibition Company Limited has officially announced today (26th June) “The First Belt and Road International Food Expo (Hong Kong) 2018”. In the Launching Ceremony cum Press Announcement at Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, the announcement of the exhibition sets between 27th to 29th June at AsiaWorld-Expo, Hong Kong. BRIFE will be the first landing platform providing a one-stop food trade and investment co-operation from the seventy countries along the Belt and Road. It aimed to facilitate unimpeded trade and promote the food industry in these emerging countries as well as to meet the expectations and needs of global food industry.
BRIFE invited officiating guests including:
- Ms Florence Hui, Under Secretary for Home Affairs, The Government of the Hong Kong SAR
- Dr Raymond Ho, Chairman of Honorary Advisory Board of BRIFE and Founding Chairman of “Belt & Road Global Development Alliance” (BARGDA)
- Ms He Ping, Senior Assistant Director General, New Territories Sub-Office of the Liaison Office of the General People’s Government in the Hong Kong SAR
- Ms Sindy Wong, Head of Tourism and Hospitality of Invest Hong Kong (InvestHK)
- Ms Emily Fu, Senior Manager, Planning & Exhibitions of Meetings & Exhibitions Hong Kong (MEHK)
- Dr Haywood Cheung, Chairman of “Belt & Road Global Development Alliance” (BARGDA)
Ms. Florence Hui said the first Belt and Road International Food Expo (BRIFE) will provide the “one-stop shop” professional food trade platform for the Belt and Road countries, and create and drive business along the Belt & Road.
Dr. Raymond Ho said that food is one of the multi-facets of culture and is an important element of ‘people-to-people’s Bonds’ of Belt & Road Initiative.
Mr. Calvin Yip, Chairman of FMC Exhibition Company Limited acknowledged that this exhibition distinguishes from the other food exhibitions. This exhibition focuses on the high-end international food commerce and investment collaboration under the Belt and Road. He truly believed that the professionalism and the extensiveness of this exhibition which cultivate industrial interaction. You can’t miss this amazing event.
Mr. Bryan Chan, CEO of FMC Exhibition Company Limited, proudly presented the official launch of the BRIFE EXPO and introduced the concept and details of the exhibition.
BRIFE’S Five Themes:
Under the theme “Steering World Food Industries to New Opportunities”, serves as the core theme of the event. Utilize this theme, we have organized five exhibition halls of separate food specialties, namely the ‘Food Trade Hall’, ‘Snack Food Hall’ and ‘Halal Food Hall’, which present numerous food product categories of new culinary flavors and innovative products to all international buyers along the ‘Belt and Road’ countries and regions. BRIFE newly introduces the ‘Investment Hall’ and ‘Professional Service Hall’ to provide collaboration opportunity for G2B and B2B large-scaled investment. It brings together a variety of professional service providers, such as, legal, tax & accounting, logistics, cross-border e-commerce and quality certification, etc.
BRIFE’S Acquisition of Consulate-Generals and Full Support of Celebrities:
BRIFE has invited seven Consul-Generals in Hong Kong and nine well-known dignitaries of the community gathered together to serve as the Honorary Advisory Board with countries including Indonesia, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Malaysia, South Africa, Vietnam and Italy. (Member list see appendix 1)
Eight Consul-Generals and Chambers of Commerce had showcased their National Food Specialties and had brought stunning food appearances and vibrant experiences.
Honorary Advisory Board
( 9 Consul-generals & 9 Community Leaders)
*The Forerunner of Innovation: The Global First “Belt and Road International Food Expo 2018” BRIFE will be held from 27th to 29th June 2018 at AsiaWorld-Expo. It will be the first landing platform providing a one-stop food trade and investment co-operation for countries along the Belt and Road Regions.
*A Gathering of Elites: The first-ever private-owned Food Exhibition has acquired seven Consul-Generals in Hong Kong and nine well-known dignitaries of the community to be the Honorary Advisory Board Members. At the same time, it is fully supported by the Belt and Road Global Development Alliance (BARGDA), InvestHK and Meetings & Exhibitions Hong Kong (MEHK) as supporters. During the kick off ceremony, there are 9 Consul-Generals and over 30 Consular and Trade representatives, together with over 300 VIPs and supporting corporations attending the event.
* Broaden Business Opportunities: Focuses on 5 spotlight halls: Food Trade Hall, Snack Food Hall, Halal Food Hall, Investment Hall and Professional Service Hall. Opportunities convey new culinary flavors and innovative food products to all international buyers, maximizing exposure of the corporate image, stimulate market awareness and expectations, and distinguish ours from other industry players to open new international markets.